Pop the champagne, get into your party suit, and make a happy dance, as Woody World Packer has been nominated for another blogger award.
The Sunshine Blogger Award is given to bloggers by other bloggers who are creative, positive, and inspiring. Once nominated, the blogger is required to write a post in which they:
1. Thank the blogger who nominated them and link back to their blog.
2. Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated them
3. Nominate some other blogs and give them 11 new questions to answer.
4. Notify your nominees and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post.
Easy peasy, and a great way to give some exposure to some great bloggers out there! So Let’s start with thanking the lovely Danica from www.dbucketlist.com who nominated us for this award.
Dbucketlist is a personal blog of an ordinary girl, trying chase her dreams. Dbucketlist is written by Danica, a smart photography lover from the Philippines, who always dreamed about travelling the world, but only had the change to travel a few times while she was studying.
My answers at Danica’s Questions
1. What is the most memorable country you’ve visited?
Myanmar, a unique, untouched and beautiful country with lovely people.
2. Let’s say you meet someone who doesn’t like the idea of traveling, what will you say to him/her?
Did you try it? No – You have no idea what you are missing. Yes – Everyone has his/her own preferences.
3. What kind of traveler are you?
An adventurer. Road trips, roundtrips, city trips. I love it all, but never in a group. Where tourists go left, we go right.
4. So far in your life of traveling, have you ever wanted to stay somewhere and never come back home? If yes, where and why?
Haha, funny question. Yes, Australia. The first time I put my feet on this Continent 8 years ago, I wished I was born here and my family, friends and whole life was here ( So emigrating to the other side of the world wouldn’t be that hard ) I fell in love with the country, and came back a few year later, to stay for a year, went back home to The Netherlands for a while, but permanently emigrated together with my husband almost 4 years ago. Australia is our home now, our son is born here, he is an Australian with Dutch roots, but for us The Netherlands will always be our home sweet home and we will always come back.
5. What was the first trip that made you love traveling?
I guess it was in my blood. My parents took my brother and me everywhere in Europe, and later I took off in the big wide world myself and got addicted to Travelling ever since.
6. If you were to spend your last day of being alive, how will you spend it?
Chilled out with my close family and friends, having a party to celebrate life.
7. Traveling makes us see people in a different light. What is that one trait you’ve always hated before, but learned to accept and understand after meeting so many people during your travels?
Difficult question as I never really hated anything. Apart from war and terrorism, but that’s something I would never understand and accept. What I did learn during my travels is to appreciate everything I have been given while growing up in such a wealthy country as the Netherlands. Great education, food on the table, lovely people around me, peace, a great health and social system. We might complain about our rules and systems, but I saw people in 3rd world countries who had nothing, absolutely nothing, but they smiled and they were happy. Those people inspire me.
8. What is the worst memory you have while traveling?
Seeing a man killed in an accident, laying on the road in Sri Lanka. We were on a work trip and passing by with our bus. I was sitting on the right side, the accident had happened on the left. We all had a quick look as we passed by. Wasn’t the best idea, as I will never forget what I saw. Our complete group was just shocked.
9. What was the most delicious food you’ve tried outside your country?
Definitely green curry in Vang Veng, Laos and Seminyak, Bali ( Don’t remember the name of the places I have eaten them, but if I would be there again, I could walk you straigh to the restaurants.
10. If you were to go somewhere tomorrow, where will it be and why?
Road tripping in the USA, every single state, as this is high on our bucket list.
11. What is your belief in life?
Believe in yourself is the most important believe you can have, plus believe in the people close to your heart and a touch of Buddhism.
Which blogs did we nominate
Here are the blogs we have nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Awards:
Aareeba is a wife to a wonderful Husband & Mum to one. She loves to write, and trying her way in this blogging world. She will be sharing her travel experiences, cooking and anything else which comes on her way and worth to pen down.
Vaishali is living to do it all in one life. At least that is what her wish is. She has done many adventurous activities and her to do list is building up on a daily basis. Follow her along on her journey!
A lifestyle, Travel, Food and Culture blog, currently based in Sri Lanka run by Nathan and Zinara. NatnZin documents Sri Lanka through the eyes of two local Sri Lankans. They share their personal discoveries about travelling around Sri Lanka, their cultural and culinary experiences, and beautiful photography.
Matt, a Britt based in Madrid, Spain, travelled and worked all over the world, did some volunteering, studied wine and wrote a book. On his blog you can find his travel stories and a great overview of the best travel blogs from around the world.
My questions for my nominated bloggers
1. What or Who inspired you to travel?
2. If you could spend 10k on a trip to anywhere in the world, where would you go, and what would you do?
3. What was your worst travel destination and why?
4. Which destination is the number 1 on your bucket list?
5. Plane, Train, Road trip? And why?
6. What will be your next destination?
7. Do you have a unique travel tip you want to share?
8. Did you ever got scammed while traveling?
9. How many countries did you visit?
10. What is your favourite airline?
11. What is the most extreme thing you have done during your travels?
Are you ready to start your own blog? Start with the best and affordable hosting and get your WordPress Website ready in a few minutes. It is that simple! 🙂 Click here to start your own blog today!