We are happy and proud to announce that we have been nominated for the LIEBSTER AWARD
The Liebster Award is an award given between bloggers to support each other. The aim is to create a supportive online community where new and up & coming bloggers can gain some exposure and be recognized by others and is a nice way of valuing their work.
We would like to thank Rocio and Julian from Apenoni. Apenoni is a travel, food and adventure blog from Rocio ( from Mexico ) and Julian ( from Germany ) They travel to amazing places, eat delicious food and share this with us all via their great posts and pictures. Make sure you also follow them on: Facebook Twitter and Instagram
One of the first things we wondered when we heard of Apenoni on Instagram, was the meaning of the name. As soon as we had a look at their website we saw their logo with an elephant and we instantly knew Apenoni means elephant in another language, but which one? Read all about it here and don’t forget to check out that really cute picture of the little blonde boy with an apenoni 🙂 ( We see our little Sem in this picture 😉
Then about the Liebster Awards
What is is? Where is it for? You can find all the details and rules over here
Most important is to thank and recognize the nominator, explain or make a link to the rules of the award, answer the 11 questions given by your nominator, nominte new bloggers and ask them 11 questions of your own and make sure the bloggers you nominate are informed about it.
This are the questions we got from Apenoni with our answers
1. What was your main inspiration to start writing a blog?
In the very beginning it was to inform our friends and family at home about our travels and adventures ( which we currently still do ) together with inspiring and informing everyone who wants to travel or wants to know more about all the beautiful destinations this world has to offer.
2. What really makes you happy?
Go on adventures big or small with the 3 of us.
3. Give 3 reasons why people should travel more.
Broaden your horizon
Learn and understand other languages and cultures.
Meet inspiring and interesting people from all over the world.
4. If you could take one member of your family on your next trip who would it be and why?
We have to cheat a little bit on this one, as we are with our little family of 3 and we go everywhere together 🙂
5. What was your greatest travel experience?
One of the greatest travel experiences was our 7 country trip across Asia where we travelled to the Philippines, Thailand, Laos, Myanmar, Malaysia, Brunei and the Maldives.
6. Name 5 things people should do before they die.
Life / work in another country for a while
Share food with a homeless person
Live your dreams instead of dreaming your life
Volunteer, give and share
7. Preference: 5-star hotel, local guesthouse or camping?
5 star hotel on a City Trip, Local guesthouse in Asia and Camping around Australia and Europe 🙂
8. What is your favourite dish from home and abroad?
One of our favourite dishes from home is broodje haring with uitjes ( which is a typical Dutch thing, and some people find it pretty disgusting ) and means a bun with very very fresh herring and unions. One of our favourite dishes abroad is Asian curry, we had the best in Bali and Laos.
9. If you could be an animal for one day, which one would it be and why?
We definitely go for bird as we would fly all day and explore the world from above and land somewhere pretty
10. What is your favourite quote?
Work hard, Play hard
11. What has been your biggest challenge while traveling?
As we emigrated to the other side of the world and travelled far and long, the biggest challenge is definitely missing our friends and family.
At our turn we would like to nominate the following blogs
The Aspiring Remote – www.theaspiringremote.com
Stories of a Farang – www.storiesofafarang.com
Ginger Joes Journey – www.gingerjoesjourney.co.uk
Stories Faces Places – www.storiesfacesplaces.com
Here are our 11 questions for above nominated blogs
1. What`s your next destinations and why?
2. What`s your favourite country?
3. What`s your worst travel experience?
4. How many countries have you visited?
5. Airplane, Bus or Train?
6. Backpack or Suitcase?
7. Who or what inspired you to go travelling?
8. Which language would you like to learn and why?
9. Which country has the most amazing food?
10. Solo, Couple, Family, Group Travel?
11. What would be your dream trip?
Thanks again for nominating Apenoni and we look forward to read the answers on the blogs we nominated.
Keep up the blogging and writing love